Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Slippery Slope

Sunday we were supposed to do the "stretch" work out. I thought we had a good chance of actually getting this work out in because there was no football on tv. Unfortunately, I didn't foresee all the other possible road blocks to working out. There was a sick child, a dinner invite complete with home made pasta and mounds of laundry. Whatever the excuse, we didn't get the work out in.

Monday morning, the alarm went off at 5:15 just as scheduled. Too bad our bodies weren't aware of the schedule. Our bodies chose to remain in the warm cozy bed instead of waking up to work it's core. I blame the fact I stayed up too late so I didn't want to get up. It most definitely wasn't because I hate the core work out and never want to do it again. Not sure of Joe's reason for staying in bed. When I said I wanted to sleep in, he was quick to agree.

Lucky for us, all was not lost. I decided to run on my lunch hour. I haven't run since I agreed to do 90 days of p90x with Joe. Running at lunch is so much more fun than core at 5:30 a.m! To my surprise, Joe was downstairs doing Core when I came home. So, we learned that we could sleep in and still work out. This may be the start of the proverbial slippery slope...

Tuesday morning, the alarm went off. 5:30 - Yoga time! One of us got out of bed and did the work out. Who do you think it was????

No comments:

Post a Comment